Welcome to the Early Education Substitute Teacher Resources page.
LAUSD Home Page
Activate LAUSD Email Account
LAUSD Human Resources
Early Childhood Education Administration
Special Education Division
Employment Transaction Services Branch
Talent Acquisition and Selection Branch
LA County Office of Child Care
Child Development Training Consortium
CA Commission on Teacher Credentialing
ACCEPTING AN ASSIGNMENT
· Teachers can work a maximum eight hours each day. Please be punctual, as substitutes are only paid for the actual time worked.
· After accepting an assignment notify the school immediately.
· You will only be paid for assignments for which you have a job number.
· Do not accept an assignment when a school calls you directly and does not have a job number. You may NOT BE PAID.
· Do not share your PIN number with anyone.
· Once you have accepted an assignment, be sure to review your schedule on the Smart Find Express substitute system to verify the job number has been recorded.
Ø One (1) job is canceled for the same day
Ø Three (3) jobs are rejected
Ø Three (3) answer refusals
Ø Three (3) busy signals
Ø Three (3) hang-ups .
CANCELING AN ASSIGNMENT
· When canceling an assignment, notify the school immediately. Failure to do so may result in an Inadequate Substitue Service Report (ISR).
· If you need to cancel an assignement, for any reason, on the same day you must contact the school and the Substitute Help Desk immediately for assistance with the cancellation.
· It is recommended that you maintain a detailed log (of days/hours worked) for your records .
· Each assignment will generate its own Job Number.